User Tools

Site Tools


meeting_notes:board_090519

WT board meeting May 19, Gabe's notes:

  • next volunteer meeting: in a couple of months: Michele will coordinate it (including booking a room)
  • outreach group met 2 weeks ago (Hilary & ALEX)
    • (Hanna: tell people on discuss list to become fans on facebook!)
    • talked about: who's our audience?
    • users (can be turned into “fans”)
    • fans (can be turned into volunteers)
    • volunteers
    • venues
    • businesses (can be turned into venues)
    • BIAs/festivals/events
    • media
    • general public
    • city / government
  • outreach committee will consider what's our language to each of these audiences, and our tools to communicate with them
    • will coordinate with advocacy group w.r.t. communicating with city/govt
    • discussed recruiting volunteers
    • discussed the discuss list
      • Hanna: discuss list seems to work when there's a specific call for help
      • (Hanna: neighbourhood coordinators, responsible for hotspots, listed as officers on Facebook group?)
    • do we want to use twitter?
      • Michele: “hotspot of the day?”
      • Alex: will go hand-in-hand with Facebook, blog, etc. consistent message.
    • to reduce cross -channel duplication and to keep all social media stuff off a single person's shoulders, let's map the flow out a little bit
    • Hanna willing to help as possible
    • it's WT's 4th birthday on May 31st!
      • good opportunity to send out a message/release: 20K users, YDS relaunch, social media outreach, ++
    • Michele: we have a Flickr group; Phillip Smith is the admin. She will email him for access.
    • Alex will take the lead on Facebook & twitter
    • BigOnBloor: TBD
    • Jason has contact info for tshirt and sticker makers
    • Hanna: good outcomes for the festival: sponsorship, new venues, new volunteers, and it's an opportunity for new volunteers to do something fun
    • Hilary: anything we do can be an outreach opportunity if we think of it that way
  • portal pages group met 2 weeks ago (Gabe & MO)
    • trial at YDS
    • more work to do
    • targeting install next week
    • it's not meant to be a solution that scales

(drk hrse: no one has approached them; beanfield seems to have installed, so maybe we won't bother. we'll just try to make sure we have strong signal there)

(process: groups are obligated to post meeting announcements on discuss list, and summary/meeting notes to discuss list; one week's notice of meeting, deadline of one week for summary)

  • advocacy group (Michele)
    • Wrd Cnd Prgrm
    • M-W free wifi idea
    • Ryan M
    • atkinson
    • michele's contact @ province
    • more research & contacting
    • outcomes/motivations: lobbying for the community model, reputation/relationship with the city, possibly creating an organization that might actually provide services
    • Hanna: we could get Andrew & Catherine/etc to sign and distribute a letter of support?
    • Michele: Rhode Island proposal friend offered to look at stuff for us
    • recruiting advisors
  • atkinson co-op
    • Gabe and Mo met with board member and Adam V.
    • Gabe needs to follow up
  • highrises (Gabe)
  • resources / how to / advice
  • Hanna wants to help
  • mesh (Kensington / Roncesvalles)
    • Jason will run it
    • maybe some outreach folks can help with proposal / pitch kit
    • Jason will pursue Roncesvalles lead, and will invite (max one or two) others from WT to meeting with BIA
  • fun stuff
    • group has no coordinator
    • wifi bikecam, bakertweet, etc.
    • Michele: QR code scavenger hunt at BoB; willing to coordinate
  • operations group
  • Gabe is running it
  • hasn't met
  • Gabe will find a time that works with Michael and Alex to fix the network; will invite others on the discuss list when time is set
  • priorities: YDS, DGP, Carrot, auth transition
  • summit
    • Montreal was supposed to host IS4CWN
    • it would be cool to host a Canadian summit in Toronto; would probably cost around $8000
    • Michele: maybe could be rolled into mobile innovation week in September
  • R&D
    • group has no leader
  • board meetings
    • anyone can call them
    • Michele will be in charge of the next one
    • sometime between August & November
  • accounts receivable
    • we've never invoiced venues
    • FreshBooks would be a great way to do this
    • maybe they would let us use it for free
    • Hilary is going to lead this project
meeting_notes/board_090519.txt · Last modified: 2013/09/28 17:06 (external edit)